Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wheary - The Name to Remember in Luggage

The Wheary Luggage Company was based in Racine, Wisconsin and produced beautiful travel luggage in the 30’s, 40’s and 50’s before becoming a division of Hartmann Luggage.

I came across this suitcase belonging to my great grandmother who lived in Oak Park, IL while helping my grandparents downsize. It has a woven-look, caramel case with brown leather trim and handle with rounded corners.

The lining is in a Fieldcrest fabric woven with Celanese rayon yarn with little W’s as the pattern.

The leather trim has aged well and done its job of protecting the care. The interior is in great shape with no rips or tears!

A beautiful piece of luggage compared to today’s dark nylon luggage with no character!  

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the woven-look, caramel case outside fabric is commonly known as tweed.

    I had a typo in a previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found one today! Perfect condition! I love be vintage luggage.

    ReplyDelete